Monday, 27 July 2015

About Comments

I'm sure you haven't noticed, since none of you ever comment on any of my blog posts - There have been two exceptions, but two comments in two years? Just exceptions that confirm the rule - but I have removed the "comment"-feature from this blog. Seeing the "No comments" -text on every single one of my posts - save two - was hurting and depressing me, so I decided to do something about it. It wasn't as if any of my readers were going to be inconvenienced by having their ability to leave comments on this blog removed, as during the past two years it has been established beyond even the tiniest bit of doubt that none of them wish to leave me any words of encouragement or appreciation, or share with me their own thoughts or feelings about any blog post of mine or its subject matter. So, here we are, you no longer having to feel guilty about never leaving me any comments and me no longer having to get hurt by the overwhelming silence that is the sole response I get to all of the body- and soul-baring I do in this blog, as now I can at least pretend that not receiving any comments is my own choice. It's a win-win!

Today, I will leave you with a beautiful video that illustrates the effects the feedback received from other people has on a person's emotions. If you ever decide to comment on how someone looks or on what they have said, written or done, please remember that all of us have feelings, and your comments as well as the complete lack of them have the power to make or break another person's day.